9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you.We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,[e] 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[f] to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
- It is God who gives the knowledge of his will (v. 9)
- It is the Spirit who gives wisdom and understanding to do the will (v. 9)
- Without the Holy Spirit, knowledge is useless
- Lack of knowledge results in destruction. Not knowing God leads to destruction because you will not be able to do His will. (Hosea 4:6)
- A person filled with the knowledge of God’s will:
- bearing fruit in every good work
- growing in the knowledge of God
- strengthened with all power according to his glorious might
- giving joyful thanks to the Father
- Pray for every person that comes into mind for him to grow in the knowledge and wisdom of God
- Share my knowledge and wisdom to friends and dgroup
- Regularly pray for: Ef, Marie, Hope, Mama, Eca, Richenna, spouse
Tonight I realized the most important thing about my spiritual gifts!
Having taken the spiritual gift tests, the two highest scores I had were, knowledge and wisdom. Eureka! I never thought that these two were so important. I’ve always thought that gifts such as pastoring and evangelism were more important because they involved interacting with people more.
But Paul wrote in Colossians that they constantly prayed for the church in Colossae to be filled with knowledge and wisdom (which are both from God), so that the Christians would:
- bear fruit in every good work
- grow in the knowledge of God
- be strengthened with all power according to his glorious might
- give joyful thanks to the Father
The way to please God and be effective for Him is to be filled with knowledge and wisdom of His will.
Thank you Lord for giving me these combination of gifts (knowledge, wisdom, teaching – also ranked 31). I feel like they are perfect combinations for the good work that you have prepared for me ahead.
Give me a clear, specific, achievable goal this year of how I can bear fruit and good work for your glory. Give me a heart that exudes joy and gladness and thankfulness. Use me to teach people the right doctrine and theology. And most of all, enable me to rely completely on You alone. If Paul relied on prayer to fill people with knowledge and wisdom, all the more should I pray for You to fill people by praying unceasingly for them. Guard my heart not to be haughty for knowing more things. Bring me back to these passages and to my knees.
Thank you for not stopping at saving me, but actually equipping me for a beautiful purpose to serve Your children.
Possible uses of my gifts:
- Teach KR employees how to study the Bible
- Conduct a systematic module for Bible study for downline and KR employees
- Learn effective ways to teach
- Grow more in wisdom than in knowledge by practicing it